All parents of TAISM students are encouraged to participate in the life of the school.
The Parent Volunteer Coordinator extends a very warm welcome to all our wonderful parents. Volunteering is a great way to get involved, meet new people and be a part of the warm and inviting TAISM Community. If you have never been a parent volunteer before, please come find out what it’s all about. There really is something for everyone. The rewards of volunteering are numerous for you and the children. We invite you to share your valuable time and skills by signing up for any of these many volunteering opportunities at school:
- Assist with classroom activities
- Support your child’s teacher by being a Room Parent
- Join classes during field trips or Discover Oman
- Organize or participate in a special event
- Offer to donate classroom or event materials
- Take pictures at a school event and share them with the organizer
- Read with small groups of students
- Be a guest speaker, guest musician, or guest artist
- Provide healthy snacks for a special occasion or event
- Serve as a host family to visiting students for SAISA tournaments or Festival of Choirs
- Hand out programs or be an usher at a school performance
- Join the Parent Athletic Committee
- Be on the Friends of the Library team
- Help make costumes or paint a set for a drama production
- Share your unique expertise, craft, or talent towards a learning endeavor
Have other ideas? Let us know!
Parent Forums and Coffees
Parent Forums are scheduled throughout the year based on programs in the Elementary, Middle and High Schools. The school level principals will coordinate the forums and coffees. The purpose of each coffee is to both inform parents about components to our school program and give parents an opportunity to meet and socialize.
Back to School Nights & Parent-Teacher Conferences
Each divisions hosts a Back to School Night at the beginning of the school year. Parents are given the opportunity to meet their child’s teacher(s) and find out more about academic programs, classroom routines, and teacher expectations. As parent-teacher communication is vital to the success of students at TAISM, formal parent-teacher conferences are arranged for all parents two times per year. Parents may also request additional conferences at any time during the year. It is best to schedule an appointment by contacting the teacher email or phone.