With curiosity and wonder, I ask questions and make connections to extend my innovative thinking and understanding of our world.
Creative & Critical Thinker
I can critically analyze and creatively approach and solve problems in a variety of ways. I envision and develop new ideas and pursue unique expressions of my thinking.
I use reflection and feedback to evaluate my work and performance while setting goals for my learning.
I explore new ways of thinking with initiative, forethought, and confidence. I grow from both the successes and failures associated with my learning.
I care for my intellectual, physical, and emotional well-being through a balanced life.
Contributing Community Member
My actions are respectful, responsible, and demonstrate integrity—treating others and our world with compassion and care.
I use effective communications skills to understand and value the perspective of others, while actively participating in a group.
Mission & Core Beliefs
The American International School of Muscat (TAISM) pursues academic excellence for students in the international community through an American-based education that develops ethical, responsible, and globally conscious life-long learners.
- The purpose of education is to enable all students to develop their intellectual, emotional, social, and physical potential to the fullest.
- A broad-based education provides an understanding of humankind’s intellectual traditions and accomplishments, and strengthens powers of thought, judgment, and aesthetic appreciation.
- All students are capable of achieving academic success. Therefore, within the school’s standards, teachers adapt their educational practices to the needs of students.
- Collaboration and partnership among students, parents, faculty, administrators and the community enhances the educational process.
- TAISM’s location in the Sultanate of Oman offers unique and invaluable learning opportunities for all members of the school community.
- The Learner Profile puts TAISM’s mission into action for students of all ages and inspires our learners towards academic success and beyond.
TAISM is fully accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC) and the Council of International Schools (CIS), and is a member of the Near East South Asia Council of Overseas Schools (NESA).