TAISM believes that young learners should have the opportunity to explore the world around them through inquiry and child-directed play in a safe environment that is rich in conversation with adults. Unfortunately, due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we are unable to provide the on-campus schooling model that we desire for students in Early Childhood 1 (EC1). Additionally, we recognize that learning online at the age of three years old is less than ideal. As a result, we will be delaying the resumption EC1 classes until August 2021.
We know your child’s growth and development are of the utmost importance. At this point in your child’s development, we would recommend that you:
- Continue reading with your child every day
- Count objects, one at a time, to develop their concept of numbers up to 5
- Continue to develop their heritage language in addition to their English language skills
- Provide opportunities for your child to explore new passions and engage in imaginative play
- Develop their fine motor skills by playing with playdough, lego, or cutting with adult supervision
As always, we are here to assist you. Should you have any questions about how to support your child at home, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to meeting your child in person in August 2021 for their EC2 year at TAISM.