TAISM serves students in Early Childhood Year 1 (age 3) through High School Grade 12 (age 18) who are from the international community residing in Muscat. We are very pleased that you are interested in joining our community of learners.
Families interested in admission may apply at any time throughout the year using our online application for admission. The Admissions Coordinator will arrange for an introductory visit to the school, provide the necessary application materials, and schedule admissions testing and an interview with the Principal, if required.
Please refer to the procedure details below for more information:
All applicants to TAISM must complete the online application forms. Once the following is complete, the application will be considered:
- Online Application for Admission - completed and digitally signed by parent or guardian, with one photograph of the student uploaded as part of online application.
- A copy of the student’s and parents’ passports (photo page) - uploaded as part of online application.
- 4. a. Confidential School Report (for EC & Kindergarten) - form to be printed by parent, Part I of form to be completed and signed by parent, and Part II to be completed and signed by previous nursery/school and sent directly to TAISM by previous nursery/school.
4. b. Confidential School Report/Release of School Records (for grades 1-12) - form to be printed by parent, Part I of form to be completed and signed by parent, and Part II to be completed and signed by the previous school and sent directly to TAISMby the previous school.
- Official school records for at least the past two years must be forwarded directly to TAISM by the student’s previous school. Records of grades 9 through 11 must be forwarded for grade 12 applicants. An official English translation must be submitted for records not in English.
After receipt of all completed admissions documents, the Admissions Committee will review the application and make an admissions decision.
All middle school and high school applicants are evaluated to determine their level of mathematics ability. Along with past grades, a test is used to determine correct placement in the appropriate mathematics class. Another integral part of the review process is an assessment of the applicant’s English language abilities. An essay, written by the applicant helps in determining the student’s level of ability in language arts and in English language usage.
Applicants and parents may be asked to meet with a counselor and/or Principal to share more information about the applicant’s ability to benefit from the curriculum at TAISM.
Once the family has been notified of admission to TAISM, the following must be completed BEFORE the student may attend classes:
- Payment of School Fees - Please see Fee Schedule for payment details.
- Registration Documents to be submitted (please download the documents HERE)
- Physical Examination Report - to be completed by a physician within six months prior to or no later than one month after the student’s admission to the school.
- Annual Student Health Record - to be completed by the student’s parent or guardian.
- Emergency Contact Information
- Publicity Waiver and School Telephone Directory Information - to be completed by the student’s parent or guardian.
- Updated copy of student’s passport and residence visa for Oman
- English Language Learner Form (for students in grades 1-5 only)
- Bus Request Service form - (optional)
Application fees can be paid as follows:
- Rials Omani Cash, or Check or Demand Draft in Omani Rials drawn on a bank in Muscat, Sultanate of Oman
- Direct wire transfer to the school’s bank account. All sending and receiving bank charges will be borne by the sender. Please quote applicant’s name and grade to enable our office trace the payment.
Bank: National Bank of Oman
Branch: Corporate Branch
Bank Address: P.O. Box 751, Ruwi, Postal Code 112, Sultanate of Oman
Account No.: 1074-530835-051
Account Name: The American International School of Muscat
Bank Routing Number (Swift Code): NBOMOMRX
Bank Telephone No.: (968) 2477-8388 / (968) 2477-8381/87
Bank Fax no.: (968) 2477-8399
TAISM does not have a debit/credit card facility for payment.
Fees 2020-2021 & Scholarships
The TAISM Scholarship is designed to provide tuition fee assistance to expatriate families living in Oman who want to send their children to TAISM, but are unable to do so because of financial reasons. You can find the fee schedule along with payment details below.
- Application Fee - one-time, non-refundable fee for new students (due upon enrollment for Early Childhood - Grade 12): RO 75 per student
- Capital Levy Fee - one-time, non-refundable fee (due upon enrollment for Kindergarten – Grade 12 only): RO 3,950 per student
No capital levy fee is assessed for students entering Early Childhood Years 1 & 2. The capital levy fee is assessed when these students enter Kindergarten.
Tuition Fees for the full school year in Rials Omani (RO)
Early Childhood Year 1 & Year 2: RO 5,150
Elementary School - Kindergarten, Grades 1 – 5: RO 8,250
Middle School - Grades 6 – 8: RO 9,505
High School - Grades 9 – 12: RO 9,970
The enrollment of a student is a private contract between the student’s parents (or guardians) and the School, regardless of the arrangement between the parents and an employer. The parents remain ultimately responsible for the payment of all fees.
Fees for the full academic year are invoiced prior to the start of the school year. If a new admission is confirmed, a non-refundable Tuition Fee deposit of RO 500/- is due immediately. All balance fees (after deducting RO 500/-) are payable in advance of attendance. Please contact Mr. Hemant Dutia, Business Manager, for more information.
For Elementary, Middle and High School, Tuition Fees do not include uniforms, meals, transport, band instrument rental, student activity travel, etc. For Middle and High School, Tuition Fees are inclusive of textbooks, iPad, lock and locker, all of which are on loan to students.
Bus Fee – Bussing, contracted through a private company, is available and is optional. The bus fee for the school year 2020-2021 is RO 900 per annum.
Download: Fee Schedule 2020-21
A scholarship fund has been established by TAISM’s Board of Directors. Scholarships, based solely on financial need, are awarded for partial tuition fees and/or capital levy. However, the scholarship applicant must first meet the general admissions/enrollment criteria for TAISM.
The School Director and Business Manager are responsible for reviewing the Applications for Scholarship and making decisions regarding allocations of scholarships to families. The individual circumstances of scholarship applicants will be kept confidential.
Applications for Scholarship will only be reviewed after submission of:
- Online Application for Admissions. Please refer to procedure details above and complete steps 1-5
- Application for TAISM Scholarship 2020-21