Letter from the Director
Welcome to the 2014-15 school year at The American International School of Muscat (TAISM). School has now begun with students in grades Early Childhood through High School engaged in academics and activities. Ten new teachers arrived this year, joining 75 returning teachers.
TAISM has enrolled 775 students in Early Childhood through Grade 12 for the school year. The school has grown steadily since its beginnings in 1998, and this summer we have worked diligently to manage wait-lists. Our goal has been to sustain the “family atmosphere” of our educational community while accommodating new students wherever possible.
The summer has been an important time for the renewal of the school buildings and grounds. This includes maintenance of all systems, painting, and upgrading facilities. Additional new projects that are being completed include:
- A new Early Childhood Playground is located between the Bosch Center and swimming pool
- Moving existing Elementary School Playground items to new locations
- A new play shed over the Outdoor Sports Courts, replacing the large one damaged in last winter’s wind and hail storm
- Technology upgrades to meet the increased needs in information technology, including the full implementation of the one-to-one iPad program in the Middle and High Schools (now including all grades in the HS), and increased availability of technology in the Elementary School
- Preparation of the construction site for two new cafeterias (Elementary and Middle/High Schools), which will be located on the east end of the building near the Elementary and High School wing; The new building is scheduled for completion in summer 2015, followed by renovation of the current cafeteria which is being converted to a new Elementary Library (fall 2015)
Please do not hesitate to contact our offices if you have any questions. We want to assist you with a smooth beginning of the school year.