Middle School Technology
Our Middle School students at TAISM are using their iPads to add a new dimension to the learning that they engage in.
- In the 6th grade they have been writing, editing, and recording podcasts (using the app GarageBand) to show their understanding of how technological advances changed the ways that early hominids lived.
- Seventh-grade math students have been slicing through 3 dimensional solids on their iPads and exploring the two dimensional shapes that result. Their images are recorded on their iPad in a note-taking app called Notability, allowing their teacher to look at their work in real time.
- Eighth-grade students have been presenting projects to one another through iMovie, explaining their reflections and problem-solving strategies through film and narration.
- Students across the Middle School keep digital writer’s notebooks that they can access from their iPads or from any computer at home or elsewhere.
- In PE, students have watched videos of their swimming strokes and then writing self-assessments, highlighting their progress as swimmers, identifying the aspects of mastering individual strokes.