Elementary Counseling Services
Counselors are an integral part of the educational team at TAISM. There is a counselor for each divisional level. Counselors at TAISM are trained to provide short-term individual and group counseling to address mental, physical, and emotional concerns that may be impacting student’s learning and/or their well-being. If a student requires long-term counseling, counselors can assist with locating resources outside of school to help support your child. TAISM counselors offer support and information to parents in a variety of ways: individual meetings, email, newsletter, parent forums, etc. Parents are encouraged to conference with their child’s counselor by phone, email or in person regarding any aspect of their child’s well-being while at TAISM.
The TAISM school counselors believe:
- All students can learn and grow intellectually and personally into positive, active global citizens.
- All students should thrive academically, socially and emotionally in a learning environment where the values of honesty, respect, responsibility, and compassion are paramount.
- All students have the ability to learn in a developmentally appropriate manner.
- We should celebrate and draw upon the diversity among our students.
- All students face significant life choices and need support in making wise and healthy decisions.
- Our primary role is in being an advocate for every student.
- All students must have an equal right to access a school counselor and to participate in a comprehensive counseling program designed to ensure their personal growth.