TAISM Elementary Music
TAISM strongly advocates that children acquire a broad base of musical knowledge and skills, as outlined by the MENC (Music Educators National Conference) National Standards for Music Education in the United States. Children in the Elementary School attend music class five times in every twelve day cycle. Throughout the year, each child experiences the process of preparing for and performing in two concerts.
The standards and benchmarks for TAISM Elementary School Music include:
- Singing a varied repertoire of music
- Performing on instruments
- Learning how to read and notate music
- Listening to, analyzing, and describing music
- Evaluating music and music performances