TAISM Model United Nations
What is Model United Nations (MUN)?
Model United Nations (MUN) is an academic simulation of the United Nations. During an MUN conference, student delegates assume the role of ambassadors for their appointed countries. As delegates, they work in specific committees, such as the General Assembly, Security Council, or the Environmental Committee, and draft resolutions on a variety of international issues. They then debate, amend, and vote on those resolutions.
The goals of TAISM’s MUN Program are as follows:
- To promote greater understanding of current international affairs and world issues
- To promote cooperation between students
- To learn the skills of conflict resolution and conciliation
- To develop skills of public speaking, debate, and parliamentary procedure
- To inspire students to become active world citizens
- To promote an understanding of the United Nations and its involvement in the world
MUN Conferences 2016-17
November 10-11, 2016 - The Sultan’s School, Muscat
January 20-21, 2017 - TAISM, Muscat
February 23-26, 2017 - Georgetown University School, Doha
March 12-19, 2017 - St. Petersberg, Russia
Faculty Advisor: Robert Jackson firstname.lastname@example.org